[Mailman-Developers] Sender: header in 2.0beta1

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:37:15 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Gergely Madarasz wrote:

> I'm now working on modifying smtplib.py and SMTPDirect to have the
> possibility to work with a pipe to sendmail -bs, not only a socket. This
> would fix all the problems listed up there...

I've got it working... now smtplib can be told to use
'/path/to/sendmail -bs' instead of connecting to localhost:25, and talk
smtp there (no addresses in the shell, perhaps a bit better error
handling). There is still a problem though... the Sender header gets
rewritten this way too... but now it becomes nobody@<domain>, I haven't
got the faintest clue why this happens, no process should run as nobody
here...

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/