[Mailman-Developers] Sender: header in 2.0beta1

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:18:35 -0500 (EST)

    NM> from remote addresses and localhost... but all of this is
    NM> nasty hacking to get round the fact that the MTA and mailman
    NM> are in a deadly embrace and getting them out of it without
    NM> losing mail is difficult.

I'm convinced.  And for weird synchronicity, last night I had to do
something very similar on python.org and got frightened out of my mind
at the prospects of losing email (and oddly enough, not at the weird
sleep-debt driven hallucinations I was having :).

I will work on robustifying smtp injection for 2.0 beta 2.

-Barry