[Mailman-Developers] Bouncers/Exim.py

Jim Tittsler jwt@dskk.co.jp
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 17:41:41 +0900

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

Exim adds a header to bounce messages that might be used to catch the
bounced addresses, rather than trying to parse the message text.  I've
been using this trivial bouncer for a while with my 1.2CVS installation
and it seems to be doing the right thing.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

# Exim bouncer module for Mailman

"""Parse bounce messages generated by Exim.

Exim adds an X-Failed-Recipients: header to bounce messages containing
an "addresslist" of failed addresses.

"""

def process(mlist, msg):
    # return just the route-address elements of the addresslist
    addrs = map(lambda x: x[1], msg.getaddrlist('X-Failed-Recipients'))
    return addrs or None

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

*** BouncerAPI.py.orig	Sat Mar 25 17:17:54 2000
--- BouncerAPI.py	Sat Mar 25 17:32:19 2000
                  'Qmail',
                  'Postfix',
+                 'Exim',
                  'Yahoo',