[Mailman-Developers] 1.1 bug: mailman home path scattered throughout config.db

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Thu, 4 May 2000 19:20:37 -0700 (PDT)

Argh.

I just spent an hour trying to figure out why some lists that I'd
moved from a machine with /home/mailman to a machine with
/export/home/mailman would *not* archive.

It's because there were (at least) three variables in config.db
for each list that contain the base path, apparently persistently,
so changing PREFIX in Defaults.py isn't enough:

public_archive_file_dir
private_archive_file_dir
archive_directory

If I don't have something else misconfigured which causes these
to show up in config.db, I call this a bug.