[Mailman-Developers] sort by thread for digest mode in mailman?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 30 May 2000 20:07:45 -0700

On Tue, 30 May 2000 15:54:56 -0400 (EDT)
Jim Hebert <jhebert@jhebert.cx> wrote:

> obJustifyPostingToWholeList: any pointers to learn more about work
> along these lines (e.g., mailers that are beginning to integrate
> support for this, discussion of the emerging standards, etc)?

The RFCs defining MIME digests have been around a couple years.  For
commercial MUAs, as MIME digest support doesn't really impact the
delivery of pictures of naked women on pink slips to people's
desktops there hasn't been a lot of commercial impetus to improve
that area of MIME support.  The driving force left is that of
checkbox items for maketting use.  Conversely, in the Open Source
arena, full, or at least workable support for MIME digests or RFC
1163 digests 9which is as plain text format, and not what Mailman
uses (tho it should) is quite common: eg Mutt, Gnus, Exmh (wot I
use), etc.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu