[Mailman-Developers] Mailman and GPG.

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:06:13 -0800

At 2:54 PM -0500 11/6/00, Omri Schwarz wrote:

>The motivation I have behind asking
>(which can quickly drift off-topic for this list)
>is that the main reason behind the failure of
>widespread email encryption is human factors.
>Therefore, the right amount of social engineering
>will be the driving force in getting people to encrypt email.

I agree with this -- but I disagree that the mailing list is where
the focus needs to go. The focus needs to go in fixing mail client
interfaces to properly integrate this stuff and make it easy to use.
Until that happens, it doesn't matter what else is done, because
users won't use it.

IMHO, of course. but working on the MLM side is the cart before the
horse. Get the clients using encryption rationally, and the server
side will follow naturally.

Be just, and fear not.