[Mailman-Developers] Re: Reverting question

John Block John Block <johnblock@storeshop.com>
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:25:00 +0000

Hello Barry

> I'm surprised.  I would think that munging reply-to is only useful for
> lists of people who don't know how to drive their MUAs.

MUA?

My mail software gives a range of reply options: to all recipients, to
sender, to recipients, so there is still choice.

Anyhow, I just tried to reply to the question about searchable archives and
only got the poster's address.

My use for mailman will be to let users help each other and be publically
supported and build up an archive of messages to create  a searchable
brainfile people can query for solutions.

If, in many cases, help is only routed to the original poster and not
publically,  then this plan turns to dust.

John