[Mailman-Developers] Info on newlist bug

Phil Barnett midnight@the-oasis.net
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:20:23 -0500

Here is the traceback for the failure. Now that I think about it, it's
probably that the bin/newlist executable is looking at the 0
parameter instead of the 1 parameter.

For example, on the command line

bin/newlist test

bin/newlist is parameter 0

test is parameter 1

Notice that the expected directory should have been:

'/home/mailman/archives/private/test.mbox'

but was instead:

'/home/mailman/archives/private/bin/newlist.mbox'

I've been looking in the code to see where this might be going
wrong, but haven't gotten anywhere.

-----------traceback-------------

[root@taz2 mailman]# bin/newlist test
Enter the email of the person running the list: midnight@the-
oasis.net
Initial bin/newlist password:
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "bin/newlist", line 213, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "bin/newlist", line 163, in main
    mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 775, in Create
    self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 335, in InitVars
    Archiver.InitVars(self) # has configurable stuff
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 108, in
InitVars
    Utils.mkdir(self.private_archive_file_dir)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 568, in mkdir
    os.mkdir(dir, mode)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/mailman/archives/private/bin/newlist.mbox'

--
              Phil Barnett  mailto:midnight@the-oasis.net
                       WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net/