[Mailman-Developers] Re: Info on newlist bug

Phil Barnett midnight@the-oasis.net
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 00:50:09 -0500

On 15 Nov 2000, at 0:00, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Phil Barnett wrote:
> >
> > Here is the traceback for the failure. Now that I think about it,
> > it's probably that the bin/newlist executable is looking at the 0
> > parameter instead of the 1 parameter.
> >

> At the beginning of main there is this line of code
> that parses the arguments.
>
> opts, args = getopt.getopt(sys.argv[1:], 'ho:',
>                            ['help', 'output='])
>
> getopt takes the passed in arguments (sys.argv[1:])
> and removes the ones it takes care of leaving the
> rest in the "args" variable.  Unfortunately, later
> on when reading the command line arguments they
> are read from the original argv instead of the
> modified args.  Attached is a patch that fixes
> this problem.

Great, that fixed newlist.

Thanks.

At the same time newlist stopped working, my archives and web
interfaces all stopped working. I wonder what else is hiding...

How do we start troubleshooting this?