[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Reverting question

Marc MERLIN mailman-users@python.org
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:39:43 -0800

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 10:57:21PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
>   I've yet to see a single case where someone has been persuaded by
>   the arguments of the other side once the argument has begun.

I've  been on  several lists  that have  been converted  away from  reply-to
munging.
I've never  been on any  list that was  converted to reply-to  munging.
'nuf said.

> > I do think that mailman should offer a reply-to option, but with a
> > very big disclaimer and maybe this discussion (or another one) so
> > that inexperienced listmasters realize what they're doing.
>
> I note that this is already done.

I'm  basically replying  to  the  list to  apologize  on this  issue. Indeed
mailman already  gives plenty of  warning about this,  I just never  saw the
configuration help page

> > Microsoft is to operating systems & security
>
> Now, about them silly sendmail users...

Troll :-)

Marc