Mail-Followup-To (was Re: [Mailman-Developers] Re: Reverting question)

Gerald Oskoboiny gerald@impressive.net
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 00:48:57 -0500

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 09:07:22PM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> At 5:39 PM -0500 11/15/00, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:
>
> >Another solution to this is the Mail-Followup-To header:
> >(not widely supported yet)
> >
> >     http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html
>
> No, it's actually stillborn...

That's a matter of opinion :)

> dan may still be pushing it, but I don't think anyone else is.

There's me, and a few other people...

(and you, once I convince you ;)

I just pointed to Dan's page since that's the best writeup of it
that I have found.

> Since the new RFC supports list-post, we really don't NEED
> Mail-Followup-To. Instead, an MUA can look for the existance of
> List-Post and use it to enable reply-to-list.

That doesn't work for crossposted threads (like this one), or for
non-subscribers who want to be Cc'd on a given thread.

--
Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@impressive.net>
http://impressive.net/people/gerald/