[Mailman-Developers] Future of pipermail?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:22:41 -0800

At 9:20 AM +0000 11/17/00, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>chuqui@plaidworks.com said:
>>  Does mailman have to an an integrated archiver? Isn't this another
>>  variant of the "integrated MTA" discussion?
>
>Maybe.  There are times when I would really love to have archive
>message id or URL references in messages for example

But does that imply it has to be integrated into mailman? Or just available.

The only reason I see for it to be fully integrated is if we want to
add a header pointing to the article in the archive -- that would
require archive processing during delivery. Other than that, it can
be post -processed, so it wouldn't need to be part of hte main MLM
code, it simply has to interface with it. That'd allow both pieces to
be managed separately.

>I would also be keen on the idea of a MIME reprocessor front-ended onto
>Mailman - sort of like demime but more controllable,

I'm toying with that, actually.

The vet said it was behavioral, but I prefer to think of it as genetic.
It cuts down on the liability -- Get Fuzzy