[Mailman-Developers] Mailman with sendmail = performance bottleneck

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:14:35 -0800 (PST)

> > What sucks is qrunner just tries to deliver each message one at a
> > time. If message 5 takes forever on the rcpt to: command (for
> > example), no other messages deliveries are attempted because
> > qrunner sits on message 5 until it times out.
>
> Translation: You are doing name lookups on messages delivered via
> SMTP from the localhost.  There's not much reason for this.  Turn it
> off.

Just out of curiosity: anyone know how to do this in sendmail?

Is this the 'delay_checks' feature?

I'm sure I haven't configured it, but my list isn't big enough
that I care about such delays.  If I were to want to change it,
though, it's not at all clear to me how I would, and since it's
become such a refrain....anyone know?