[Mailman-Developers] Towards 2.1

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:45:12 +0000

darrell@grumblesmurf.net said:
> 2) In pipermail, I'd like to be able to define HTML tags that can be
> wrapped around non-important parts of the particular message.
> Specifically, this is to enable you to exclude certain parts of the
> message from indexing, such as navigation information.  (I'm thinking
> specifically of the <!--UdmComment--> <!--/UdmComment--> tags.

> That is, of course, a rather obscure feature.  :)

There is already a patch to do this - its marked as being for htdig,
but all it actually does is inject definable indexer on/off statements
into the generated HTML.

It does assume that your indexer parses are utilises the indexer <META>
tags that already appear in pipermail HTML.

See
  https://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=102422&group_
id=103

or if that doesn't work, Patch 102422