[Mailman-Developers] Minor flaw in archive date handling

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:45:44 +0200

Christian Tismer wrote:

I wrote:
> My question: When a message happens to have no date, messages
> appear to be archived into the wrong archive file. There
> are a couple of other date fields available, like the usual
> "from" - line on top of the message, fields like Resent-Date
> or dates from the message passing through other servers.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to do a more exhaustive search for
> a proper date, instead of accepting a missing date?

Changing the message from "one-should-do-such-and-such"
style to "I-would-do-a-patch,-just-tell-me-how" style:

I'm asking if such a change makes sense, and where to
do the adjustment: In the process where the messages
are collected in the .mbox file (Mailman change), or later,
when the archives are generated (pipermail-change) ?

regards - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>