[Mailman-Developers] Security

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:09:01 -0700 (PDT)

>   If I post to a specific list, or approve a held post for that
> list, there is an 80% chance that this will crash the machine
> (compleat lock, no interrupts, no useful log entries.

What do you mean "crash the system"?  Panic and coredump?  Hang?
Crash mailman/python and everything else is still up?

If panic/coredump, some time spent in cursory kernel coredump
analysis is warranted to point a finger at a culprit.  Being a kernel
developer, I'm biased, but when people say "crash the machine"
that's what I think of.  Is that what you mean?