[Mailman-Developers] Security

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:52:20 -0700

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:34:18 -0400 (EDT)
barry  <barry@wooz.org> wrote:

JCL> As stated: compleat lock, no interrupts being serviced, no log
JCL> entries.  Basically: utterly indistinguishable from a powered
JCL> off machine other than by power consumption.  No KB, no met, no
JCL> stack, no video (well, a slight grayish diffuse glow actually),
JCL> nuttin'.

> Here's another thought.  Are you running on an SMP machine?

Yes.

> I believe there have been reports of older versions of Python
> having problems when threads and SMPs are mixed.  Have you enabled
> the threading delivery in SMTPDirect?  Turning that off, or
> upgrading to Python 2.0 (which I believe has fixed the problems I
> vaguely recall) might do the trick.

What I find most odd is taht I've processed several hundreds of
thousands of messages thu this exact setup without fail (200 day
uptime, half dozen lists, etc) and yet now its unhappy roughly 80%
of the time.  Something lese is odd I suspect.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder@kanga.nu