[Mailman-Developers] Re: Re: Error in scripts/driver?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:53:09 -0700

>     CVR> In reality, what we're starting to talk about is building in
>     CVR> multiple levels of configuration -- there's the release
>     CVR> configuration, the site configuration, the vhost
>     CVR> configuration, list configurations, and at some point, admin
>     CVR> and user configurations driven out of the subscriber records.
>
>Don't forget language/locale configurations!  The Mailman I18N effort
>will be revived too, especially now that Python 2.0 should have the
>necessary primitive support for i18n.

yup. Which goes back to my idea of completely separating the content
issues out of mailman and accessing it through it's own API, so you
can say something like "get_message(UNSUB,LISTNAME, SPANISH) and
whatever you get back is the the proper piece -- so that all this
stuff can be added to mailman without mailman actually having to
worry about it.

(I've actually fleshed this out to some level of detail, I just
haven't had time to write it down... And to add to the joy, I've just
agreed to stand for vice president of the Science Fiction Writers of
America, so I may have a new time sink pending sometime next year...)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"