[Mailman-Developers] List-* header suggestion

Christopher Kolar ckolar@admin.aurora.edu
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:21:59 -0500

At 09:32 AM 9/29/2000, Ron Jarrell wrote:
>At 09:53 AM 9/29/00 -0400, John A. Martin wrote:
>>
>>Would the long List-* header fields be more attractive and easier to
>>read if they were folded something like the following?

>>Perhaps folding after the comma would be OK unless the whole field is
>>not greater than, say, 78 characters?
>
>Umm, the headers *are* folded.. In the very note that arrived from you,
>they were folded that way.  Unless a friendly MTA on the way to me folded
>them for me, or unfolded them for you...

It might be a client issue.  Using Eudora I can resize the message window
to my heart's content and it will fold the lines as appropriate.  Is the
issue the indentation of the second line so that the header names are the
only part flush against the left?  The wrapped lines are flush left in my
client, so the lines that they wrap to do not begin with the header name
but instead begin mid line where the break occurred.  I can see John's
point that it is not really pretty.

--chris