[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] URGENT Please Help: Duplicates with 2.0 final

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:02:06 -0700 (PDT)

> I guess it depends on what list server background you have. If you're
> familiar with listserv and it's relatives that have nomail, this makes
> sense. If you're coming from majordomo or have no real mlist experience, I
> think it's confusing. And I'm not sure if it really buys you much (and
> when/how do you decide to clean out your subscriber lists?)

I created a withlist script and a mail template to send reminders
to all "nomail" folks, and run it by hand from time to time;
I'm not convinced it's better, but it lets me not permanently
lose people without giving them a chance to stay less painfully than
resubbing.