[Mailman-Developers] ANNOUNCE mimelib 0.3

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:43:27 -0400

I've finally moved mimelib development to SourceForge, and uploaded
version 0.3.

mimelib is yet another MIME and RFC 2822 <wink> message handling
library for Python.  It differs from older modules and packages by
providing an abstract MIME object model separate from parsing and
generating the plain text representations.  There is a parser class to
convert from plain text to the model, and a generator class to output
plain text from the model.  Along the way, the object model can be
manipulated in very Pythonic ways (or you can generate an entire model
from scratch using the provided message classes).

mimelib is compatible with Python 2.x.  My goal is to solidify the API
and implementation enough for inclusion of mimelib in Python 2.2.
mimelib 0.3 is required for the current CVS snapshot of Mailman 2.1
alpha.

For online documentation, see

    http://mimelib.sourceforge.net

For project information, see

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mimelib

For downloading mimelib-0.3.tar.gz, see

And of course, there's a mailing list for developers

    Postings:  mimelib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net