[Mailman-Developers] Small nntp server?

Dale Newfield Dale@Newfield.org
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:03:05 -0400 (EDT)

I'm looking to utilize Mailman's Mail-News and News-Mail gateways, but I'm
really not interested in serving any other newsgroups, and I don't
particularly need to push these news articles upstream to anyplace.  (And
I don't want to worry about propogation to subscribers sites, or net-wide
spam, so I think I'd like to serve it all from our box.)

Does anyone have a (free?) unix based nntp server they'd suggest that can
be configured to be stand-alone (no pushing upstream or downstream), and
would handle 10's of local newsgroups and ~1000 subscribers reasonably
well?

We're running a FreeBSD box if that matters.

-Dale Newfield
 webmaster@wunderland.com