[Mailman-Developers] MM2.1 DemoList

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:43:12 -0700 (PDT)

>     MC> The usual feedback I get from subscribers is the inability for
>     MC> them to find the way to unsubscribe.

> I've reorganized things a bit so that it's clear the "Edit Options"
> button can be used for unsubscribing as well (the button now reads
> "Unsubscribe or edit options").  Also, if you leave the field blank,
> you'll be shown the options login page with an extra field prompting
> you for your email address.  So the "simple unsubscribe directions"
> can now be explained as:
>
>     1. Go to http://www.dom.ain/mailman/options/listname
>     2. Enter your email address
>     3. Click on "Unsubscribe"
>     4. Check your email for confirmation instructions
>
> #4 may still be optional if I get to implement open unsubscribes.

Strong vote here for moving the "options" further up the page.
Those who are just looking can scroll past the "if you're a current
member" stuff or not, I don't care, but I want my subscribers to
see the "<listname> Subscribers" section immediately without
scrolling.  Also, yes, I think the title should be clear.
In fact, I think the "Visit Subscriber List" should not be in this
section.

In fact, I'd go as far as, up near the top, adding a new major
section (perhaps right after About <listname>):

---
Unsubscribing

To unsubscribe from <listname>, enter your subscription email
address:
	<textbox> <Unsubscribe button>
----

and then I'd probably move "<listname> Subscribers" up there too.
Service your current customers higher on the page; let people who
want to subscribe be the ones who scroll...