[Mailman-Developers] sendmail

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 20:49:01 -0400

    RJ> Ok, so the main problem people have with sendmail and mailman
    RJ> is that using the smtpdirect approach with a busy machine
    RJ> costs too much hang time at both the MAIL FROM and the RCPT TO
    RJ> anti-relay/spam testing points, right?  And what we want is a
    RJ> way to configure it to continue to validate against J. Random
    RJ> connection coming in to port 25 from whereever in the world,
    RJ> but if the connection comes from 127.0.0.1, we want it to just
    RJ> basically shut up and take the message.

    RJ> Does that about sum it up?

Yes, I think so.  It would be great if you could communicate with the
Sendmail folks to make sure that it can be configured this way for
Mailman sites.  I'll offer to help in any way I can, so feel free to
forward my email to them if necessary.

It would be great if Mailman and Sendmail could play better together.

Thanks,
-Barry