[Mailman-Developers] sendmail

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:44:02 -0700

On 8/13/01 6:47 AM, "Ron Jarrell" <jarrell@vt.edu> wrote:

> Well, if you go with this model, it needs to be mentioned that by operating in
> defer mode you're guaranteeing that outbound mail will be batched up, and
> not processed any faster than your queue running process is set to, which
> needs to be mentioned in the faq.

Good point. That's how I run all my systems anyway, so I'd forgotten that.
(why? Load management)

> There are no weird changes
> required unless you want to implement auto-aliasing, at which point you have
> to either blindly follow directions, or be at least a Junior Guru...

To 99% of the unknown universe, LOOKING at a sendmail.cf file constitutes a
weird change.

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

I tried to get a life once, but they were out of stock.