[Mailman-Developers] Starting mailmanctl

Rodolfo Pilas rodolfo@linux.org.uy
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:07:05 -0300

El Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:23:22 -0700 (PDT)
Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM> ha escrito:

> > Ok, I started mailmanctl from the command line and all is working.
> >
> > But I started it from init.d/boot.local (SuSE 7.2) and I had problems.
>
> How do you expect anyone to know what problems you had?  And if they
> don't know what problems you had, how can they possibly solve them?
>
> You have to describe the problem to get an answer.

I really sorry, but the problem was that the mailmanctl is not in the ps
list and when I mailmanctl start it says that "is allready running.."   I
stop it, but I allways has "is allredy running" as a reply of mailmanctl
start.

I understant that this is a problem of where I start the first time the
mailmanctrl (at boot.local script).   As I said, I restart the server and
start mailmanctl from a command line and NOW ALL is working.

As you understand I need to know where to start mailmanctl propertly. And
then I ask:

> > Can
> > somebody explain me how to start this daemon (i.e. start at last, or
> if it
> > requires some other services) to have it working into init level 3
> (think
> > that your reply may be included into INSTALL doc ;)

For this reason I do not explained the problem, because I resolve it.  But
I need to improve my configuration.

     -=((        Rodolfo Pilas - rodolfo@linux.org.uy        ))=-
   -==((( Are you ready for XtraLinuX - http://xtralinux.org )))==-
Guarde sus mail en Echelon: OLP, Greenpeace, ETA, Hamas, Hizbullah, FMI

 Public GnuPG key: http://www.keyserver.net 1024D/57153363 2001-06-02
 key fingerprint = DAAE 3246 3F7D A420 B7A0  48A5 D120 C773 5715 3363