[Mailman-Developers] Patching qrunner to never send duplicates w/ same Message-ID

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:17:33 -0400

    JRA> If you're going to do this, note that it's the *list* message
    JRA> that should make it to the user, not the private copy... and
    JRA> I don't think you can accomplish this.  Knowing that the list
    JRA> actually *saw* the message can be important information...

You're right that there's no way Mailman can suppress the private copy
since it never even sees that copy, but I /was/ suggesting that
Mailman could suppress the list copy -- but only if the user has
selected an option to do so.

-Barry