[Mailman-Developers] 2.1 eta?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:52:37 -0400

    >> Any eta/timeframe for a 2.1 final release?

    RJ> First I think we need a 2.1 beta...

Right!

BTW, I've been nominated as Python 2.2 release manager so with Py2.2a2
coming out Wednesday, that is taking precedence.  I had hoped to get
MM2.1a3 out last weekend but it didn't happen, so my plan is now to
get MM2.1a3 out this week, probably some time after Wednesday.

MM2.1a3 will be the last alpha.  That means the following release will
be MM2.1beta1 and that will mark feature freeze.  A very rough
schedule is as follows:

    24-Aug MM2.1 a3
    28-Sep MM2.1 b1
    26-Oct MM2.1 b2
    23-Nov MM2.1 b3 (if necessary, otherwise MM2.1 rc1)
    21-Dec MM2.1 rc1 (if necessary, otherwise MM2.1 final)
    28-Dec MM2.1 final

Too many other things may change this schedule so I won't commit to
it, but it's what I'm shooting for.  Might be earlier, might be later.

-Barry