[Mailman-Developers] Patching qrunner to never send duplicates w/ same Message-ID

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:05:01 -0400

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 02:27:53PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 03:07:10PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > > While we  are on this topic,  I would really love  for a way for  mailman to
> > > optionally parse  the Cc and To  lines and not  send a post to  a subscribed
>     ^^^^^^^^^^
> > > address if that address was already in the headers.
> >
> > Nope; not unless it's configurable.  That's actually what we were just
>
> I said "optionally".
> I'd settle for a setting per list, but ideally it'd be a setting per user.

You did.  I'd *greatly* prefer this to be per-user; I'm sufficiently
stringent on "the proper behavior of mailing lists" that I probably
would shun lists that automagically didn't send me back my own traffic,
just as I shun lists operated by people who do nasty things with their
subscriber info... regardles of *how* much I am interested in the
content.

You can treat that observation as a datapoint in the "yes, there really
are people like that out there" category.  :-)

> > > I'm not sure how hard it would be for mailman to do that.
> >
> > If they insist on continued munging, allow them to Feel Their Own Pain.
> >
> > They're entitled.
>
> Yep, except that I get to be on the damn list too :-(

My condolences.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "So easy to use, no wonder the Internet is going to hell!"
     -- me