[Mailman-Developers] Handling Bouncebacks

Norbert Bollow nb@thinkcoach.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:57:32 +0200

> > If the MTA is Qmail, which supports VERP without any loss of
> > performance, VERPs should be used always.
>
> Performance is not the only concern or criteria.  Bandwidth
> utilisation, mail routing (what says that the MTA Mailman delivers
> to is responsible for delivery to the final MX?), local resource
> consumption, and a small host of other concerns dictate this area
> far more than the choice of MTA.

Maybe I used the wrong word (for me "performance" takes into
account all resources that are used, including bandwidth).

My point is that since Qmail always uses single-message
envelopes anyway, IF the MTA is Qmail, then it does _not_ cost
you _anything_ to use VERPs.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com