[Mailman-Developers] List-CC?

Dale Newfield Dale Newfield <Dale@Newfield.org>
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:10:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Ben Burnett wrote:
> or if you really want them to get the entire list message, just wait
> for your copy from the list and forward it.

That is the most sensible solution (and what I normally do), but it means
the composition of the note and the forwarding are two separate steps
necessarily separated in time.  (The benefit, of course, is that when you
forward it you can include a note like: "Hey, Bob--this is the kind of
stuff we send to this list.  See the bottom if you wanna subscribe.")

I was thinking that it would be cool, however, to be able to compose the
note and specify all its intended destinations in one fell swoop.

I guess if there was List-CC: (but no List-BCC:) then it would address the
"Why'd I get this?!" complaints, w/o having to insert a special
disclaimer...  (It would also alert the other readers that the message was
seen by others, just like a CC: line does.)

-Dale