[Mailman-Developers] Fw: Re: [Mailman-Users] Digest Problems

Ricardo F. Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:56:38 +0200

I just saw this post on the mailman-users list... it seems that you can
easily break mailman by improperly using '%' chars in the digest footer...

has this issue been addressed before? will this still happen in 2.0.6 and
2.1a ? I can imagine that in large mailman installations, with many
different lists and listadmins, this could cause problems...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:14:56 -0700
From: "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley@pcraft.com>
To: "Ricardo F. Kustner" <ricardo@rixhq.nu>
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Digest Problems

"Ricardo F. Kustner" wrote:
> This is just a wild guess... but did somebody recently edit the list
> templates or the digest footer info on the admin page? I remember
getting
> errors once while I had some misformed template variables in one of the
> templates... so might want to have a look in either place...

    Yeap.  That's what it was.  However, this now brings me to my next
question:  Which characters are trouble characters?  As in, which ones
needs
to be escaped?  % ?  ! ?

    My client had put something similar to this in the footer:  /30-70%
(with
the / prefixed) and somewhere further down the line, he had '/EVC' (again
prefixed with the / ).  Those /'s weren't mistakes, they were put there by
him
(for whatever reason), however are those characters (whether %, ! or /
)the
trouble makers, and if so, how CAN they be used?

--
Regards,

Ricardo