[Mailman-Developers] Preventing spam to list admins.

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:27:13 -0700

On 8/28/01 7:19 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@zope.com> wrote:

> Ug.  Sorry Chuq, but something in me really riles against making the
> user go through so many hoops to contact a person.

Yah, I know. This is a situation where we're going to have to make a
compromise somewhere, either in protection or easy of use. Or perhaps
against both at the same time. I"m throwing stuff out in hopes it causes
someone to come up with a GOOD idea. I'm sure not.

> Besides, how long will it be before the harvesters start following
> simply form posts?  Won't any form more complicated than a submit
> button just infuriate frustrated users even more?

Worrisome, but frankly, I'd save that worry for when it happens, unless we
can find a way we like that also solves it. If we wait for a 100% solution,
we'll die of old age. So we're going to, at some point, have to stuff our
fingers in the dike and hope, at least until we can build a better dike.

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

Q: Did God really create the world in seven days?
A: He did it in six days and nights while living on cola and candy
   bars.  On the seventh day he went home and found out his girlfriend
   had left him.