[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] * Mailman Docs Moving *

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:40:46 -0400

    RFK> This reminds me about something I've been thinking about
    RFK> lately... what about having some sort of (GNU blessed? :))
    RFK> dynamic FAQ system on the Mailman site? There are so many
    RFK> questions which popup regularly on mailman-users that it
    RFK> would safe a lot of questions if we can keep a regularly
    RFK> updated FAQ maintainted by more people... (ie Faq-o-matic or
    RFK> something simular...?)

It would probably be easy to take Python's FAQ wizard (in the Python
source distro under Tools/faqwiz) and clone it for Mailman's use.  I'm
not sure where to do that though.  The most convenient place for me
would probably be on www.python.org, but that may not be the most
logical.

I'm Cc'ing John Viega to see if it makes sense to run it on list.org,
maybe as faq.list.org?

-Barry