[Mailman-Developers] Easy question about 2.1a2 - I hope.

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 01:38:51 -0400

    WR>  I was able to get Mailman 2.1a2 working on my SuSe 7.2 box.
    WR> I have done some testing and all seems to be working fine.
    WR> Nice job Barry!

Thanks!

    WR>  I have been customizing the listinfo pages and can't seem to
    WR> find where I can change the text displayed with
    WR> <MM-Editing-Options>.  Is there any way to change this info?
    WR> or is it hard coded into a module.  If so then which module, I
    WR> think I could hack it from there.

It's hard coded into Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py.  The actual replacement
is defined in Mailman/HTMLFormatter.py.

    WR>  Also, one other thing, in the README docs that talks about
    WR> customizing the install, a blurb about how to edit the user
    WR> interface pages might be a needed addition.  I went back into
    WR> the list archives to learn how to make custom list specific
    WR> pages.  But some users won't go to that extent.

Yup, there needs to be some documentation regarding the hierarchical
template lookup, but one of the deficiencies is that not every web
page is fully templatize.  That's a post-2.1 issue.

-Barry