[Mailman-Developers] MM 2.1a2: bug if dont_respond_to_post_requests=N -> lang is undefined

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:45:04 -0400

    LM> Barry, regarding the hang of the browser, I've found the
    LM> problem: there were many lock files for that mailing list in
    LM> the locks/ directory (I've killed qrunner with -9 since it was
    LM> eating 99% CPU).  Removing them solved the hang.

Ah, common problem.

    LM> I'd like to contribute to the testing of the current
    LM> development release, I've tryed anonymous access to the CVS
    LM> and it works :).

Yay! :)

    LM> Now my question is: can I simply issue a "configure && make
    LM> install" in the CVS tree or there are some other action that I
    LM> must consider? :)

Depends on whether you're upgrading an existing site or testing it out
in a separate installation (which I recommend for now).  If the
latter, then yup that should do it.  If you're upgrading over an
existing site, then read the instructions in the UPGRADING manual.
Part of "testing it out" is also testing that upgrading is as painless
(or as documented <wink>) as possible.

Thanks,
-Barry