[Mailman-Developers] MM Bouncer

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Thu, 06 Dec 2001 10:14:42 -0800

On 12/6/01 8:48 AM, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:

> At the expense of loading the wire, the MTA, *and* the MLM.
>
> How big are your lists, Chuq?  :-)

Last time I looked my mailman-system delivers about 12 million pieces of
email a week, more or less. My big list server is custom coded, not mailman,
but I'm not allowed to discuss numbers on it. And one of my upcoming
projects is to do exactly what I suggested for it.

My biggest problem right now is I'm saturating my ethernet. We've been
experimenting with a quad 100bt on it, but after the holidays, we'll be
installing the first set of what I'm now calling my smurf army, which
eventually will be a bunch of smaller machines that only do delivery. Trying
to incrementally improve delivery of a single big machine hits expense
issues -- you start spending more and more for smaller and smaller
improvements, so we're moving to the small-many model...