[Mailman-Developers] Approval system

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.west.sun.com>
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:20:49 -0800 (PST)

> > textareas give you scrolling, which is useful when the message you're
> > rejecting has, for example, a 1MB MIME-encoded attachment.
>
> Except that Mailman already cuts the content down to a pretty short
> max size in the texarea anyway, so this would never be an issue...

Not my Mailman.  (That's configurable.)

> Also, reading separate scrolling windows is cumbersome compared to
> scrolling the main browser window, and takes *more* screen space for
> very short messages, not to mention the difficulty in Lynx :(
> Most efficient could be a very concise:
>
> <pre>
> Subject: These already above?
> < Link to full message text >
>
> Configurable
> first few
> lines...
> </pre>

but seeing the exact full headers is very useful to figuring out
the real disposition of the message, at least to me.  *all* headers,
plus *all* message text, is a useful thing (to me).  Yeah, if you
just wanted a few lines, the current display uses more space...but
that quickly turns to a false economy, IMO.