[Mailman-Developers] Big checkins a'comin'!

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:35:03 -0500

And in other news, here in early adopters hell :-)...

Ok, figuring, what the hell, it couldn't hurt, I copied all the .txt and .html files from templates
into a new templates/en directory.  This at least got me the forms back (although
listinfo still won't render %(hostname))

Unfortunately, now, it won't take my admin password anymore.  I tried resetting it,
just in case, with mmsitepass (which, btw, bitches about getpass failing, which I don't
remember happening before, but might have).  mmsitepass does re-write adm.pw, then
complains that the password change failed (and no, it doesn't work on the web form.)
I tried deleting adm.pw, and sure enough, it creates a new one, with a 41 character
hex string in it, then tells me that the password change failed.

Ah, I see why.  In CheckSiteAdminPassword we do a

challenge = fp.read()[-1]

The comment says this strips off the newline.  Now, my python is week, but doesn't
that actually return *just* the newline.  So naturally the hexdigest of the original
password doesn't match the hexdigest of a \012...

So, shouldn't that be
challenge = fp.read()[0:-1]

?