[Mailman-Developers] print >> sys.stderr does not compile

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:39:22 +0100

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:47:50AM +0100, Fil wrote:
> > > You recently changed all calls like
> > >     write('(locked)', file=sys.stderr)
> > >     print >> sys.stderr, _('(locked)')
> > >
> > > but the latter will not compile on my machine. Am I missing something?
> >
> > I'd guess that your version of Python isn't recent enough to have the
> > new `>>' for I/O redirection.
> >
> > Sorry, but I don't know what version you'd require.

> Indeed it seems that python 1.52 does not accept the new calls.

You mean Python 1.5.2, not 1.52. There is a difference, even though 1.52
will probably never exist :)

> The error is not here with python2.

The README clearly states what version of Python you need to run Mailman.
It currently says:

    Mailman requires Python 2.0 or greater, which can be downloaded
    from [...]

Future versions will probably require Python 2.1 ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>