[Mailman-Developers] print >> sys.stderr does not compile

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:45:45 -0500

    TW> But why provide the --with-python configure option if you end
    TW> up having to have python in your path after all ? It would
    TW> make more sense if it allowed pointing to a working python
    TW> anywhere. I can think of several situations where that might
    TW> be desirable, for security or debugging purposes, and only one
    TW> of them is "because I run debian" :-)

Mostly because I didn't want to have .in files for every script in
bin/.  It didn't occur to me that a distro would rename the Python
executable to something other than `python'.  It might be time to
autoconf templatize those bin/ scripts.

-Barry