[Mailman-Developers] New Feature Request: A Half-Moderator

Jeffrey Thompson jeffrey@thompsonic.com
Mon, 01 Jan 2001 17:44:06 -0500

So, I was just thinking, whether I could ask one list member, whether he

would be willing to moderate this man's postings.

If we could flag individual members for approving other's messages,
a half-moderator in a sense, then that would further reduce the work of
the "full moderators"

So, the question is: Could a person become a half-moderator,
who can approve messages of a person flagged for message
moderating, but who would not be a full moderator who can
see all the members email addresses, archives, etc.?

I don't have the time to do the moderating of  all the messages.
But at the same time, I don't want to open up the management
of my entire list.

There are lots of  people with psychological problems for whom such a
feature
on a mailing list would be good, to have their "personal mentor"
moderate their postings.

What do you think?  The alternative would be, let him send his
messages to this person first, and after checking them, the other
member sends them to the list. But do we have an option of
"only receiving messages" but "not submitting messages to the list"?
I can't remember to have seen that.

That in itself might also be  a good feature to add in general.
Have separate address lists of "readers" and "writers" for the list.
Usually writers would be  readers too. I have seen that you can specify
people who can
send without being members, i.e. not receiving. But I would
need it the other way around. Or did I just overlook that?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Jeffrey Thompson