[Mailman-Developers] Quoting problem in 2.0

David Champion dgc@uchicago.edu
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 03:23:34 -0600

There's a problem triggered when list admins enter addresses with
double quotes:
	"foo@bar.biz"
instead of
	foo@bar.biz

These addresses are added - the quotes aren't stripped off - but they
cannot be removed via the web interface, because then the quotes ARE
stripped off.  This is true for my 2.0 release installation.

In my 1.0 rc2 installation, there's a further complication: it appears
from the HTML output that mailman tried to subscribe all addresses in
the current chunk.

The quoted addresses can be removed via remove_members.

I'll see about a patch for 2.0, but since Barry's talking about 2.0.1
I wanted to mention the problem quickly in case the solution is easy
enough to throw in the pot.  Seems that it would be.

--
 -D.	dgc@uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago