[Mailman-Developers] Pipermail, large archives and performance

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:20:12 -0800

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 12:49:16AM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc_news@valinux.com):
> > For sourceforge, I felt we couldn't  afford the slowdown and turned off HTML
> > archiving. I've left the text archiving enabled  as it shouldn't be the part
> > that's the slowest.
>
> I did not know  you could do just text archiving. In 2.0,  I don't see the
> option to archive just text.

~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py:
# ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX
#-1 - do not do any archiving
# 0 - do not archive to mbox, use builtin mailman html archiving only
# 1 - archive to mbox to use an external archiving mechanism only
# 2 - archive to both mbox and builtin mailman html archiving -
#     use this to make both external archiving mechanism work and
#     mailman's builtin html archiving.  the flat mail file can be
#     useful for searching, external archivers, etc.
#
ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 1

Marc