[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - Inbound MessageID tracking

Satya satyap@satya.virtualave.net
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:30:29 +0530 (IST)

On Jan 28, 2001 at 01:10, Scott Brown wrote:

>sending a message to me.  Every message that came in had the same messageID
>on it - and mailman dutifully kept pushing them out.... 200+ of them before
[snip]

>Would it be possible in the next release to get some sort of tracking on
>processed messages - tracking by incoming messageID - such that this sort

I may have a suggestion for a temporary solution.

There is a procmail (yes, procmail. Hear me out.) recipe to do exactly
this. It involves piping through formail, collecting message-ids and
comparing with a cache. I don't know how you could force each message
through formail, except through some simple but non-trivial shell scripts.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>