[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - Inbound MessageID tracking

Darrell Fuhriman darrell@grumblesmurf.net
29 Jan 2001 11:10:23 -0800

Satya <satyap@satya.virtualave.net> writes:

> comparing with a cache. I don't know how you could force each message
> through formail, except through some simple but non-trivial shell scripts.

Assuming you know how to set procmail up initially, it's pretty
simple really, just change the alias for posting to the list to
be simply the mailman user (which can't be aliased to anything
else), then, in ~mailman/.procmailrc:

MMHOME=/usr/local/mailman
:0c
* ^TOlistname@example.com
{
LISTNAME=listname
PROCESSED=yes

        :0 Wh: msgid.lock.$LISTNAME
        | formail -D 8192 $HOME/msgid.cache.$LISTNAME

        :0
        | $MMHOME/mail/wrapper post $LISTNAME
}

[repeat for each list]

# when we reach this point, we should have been processed
# by *something*.  If we have, we can discard it, otherwise
# let the admin look at it.

:0
* PROCESSED ?? yes
/dev/null

:0
$DEFAULT

I haven't tested this, though, so don't blame me if you break
something.  :)  Anyhow, it should be included in mailman, yes.  :)

Darrell