[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - Inbound MessageID tracking

Satya satyap@satya.virtualave.net
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:11:31 +0530 (IST)

On Jan 29, 2001 at 22:54, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

>Satya <satyap@satya.virtualave.net> writes:
>> flag, hates group-writeable directories. Mailman wants its home directory
                                                              ^^^^

'installation', of course.

>> writeable.
>Not really.  Mine isn't, and never has been.  All it really cares
>about is that the directories under ~mailman are group-writable.

[mailman]~$ chmod g-w ../mailman
[mailman]~$ bin/check_perms
directory must be at least 02775: /home/mailman
Problems found: 1
Re-run as mailman (or root) with -f flag to fix
[mailman]~$ bin/version
Using Mailman version 2.0.1
[mailman]~$

Perhaps your installation directory is not ~mailman? In that case,
procmail+mailman work fine.

When I installed, I didn't know I should put the installation directory
elsewhere. Can I now shift it to ~mailman/install ?

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>