[Mailman-Developers] encrypted mailinglists
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:12:47 +0200
I wonder if you are interested in encrypted mailinglists.
My ideas are:
- Using pgp or gpg as encryption algorithm.
- The list administrator/moderator generates a list key.
- Everything, what is going to the list is encrypted with this public
key (mails, subscription ...)
- Outgoing mails are encrypted with the public keys of the list members.
- If a new member wants to join this list, she/he must be approved by
the moderator (otherwise, encryption does not make sense...), support
for checking fingerprints of public keys and chains of trust would be
- Instead of encryption, signatures are added.
I have no time to contribute jet, but maybe someone else is concerned
with developing such a mailingist.
Achim Gaedke, ZPR
Weyertal 80, 50931 K=F6ln
Tel: +49 221 470 6021