[Mailman-Developers] OpenBSD Trusted Path Execution (TPE) compatibility?

J C Lawrence claw@2wire.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:29:29 -0700

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:57:56 -0700
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:

> On 7/10/01 3:15 PM, "Mats Wichmann" <mats@laplaza.org> wrote:
>> The FHS is the Filsystem Heirarchy Standard.  It's an effort to
>> keep Linux administrators sane by suggesting where things ought
>> to go.
>>
>> Nobody uses it.

Apparently you have not noticed:

  http://www.linuxbase.org/test/results/

Aside: Roughly two thirds of the Debian faults were errors in
testing rather than in Debian (eg packages needed for the test not
installed).

> Does that mean we need to write it up as an RFC, or should it go
> right to IEEE, since it's obviously ready? Or maybe we need to
> send it to ANSI?

It is clear that ICANN has demonstrated a clear willingness and
ability to move and act decisively in a manner which is both
technically astute and which supports the best interests of 'net
users in general.  Surely, hopefully, they can be persuaded to lend
a brief smidgeon their impressive talents to a task as significant
as this.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows