[Mailman-Developers] Please Explain !!!

Simon Troup simon.troup@digitalmusicart.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:07:33 +0100

> Possible theorem:
> Someone who owns or has compromised the sardy5@graffiti.net account is
> using it and its .forward file to mailbomb you.
>
> Have you tried sending it an unsubscribe message or complaining to the
> listowner?

Well, failing anything else that is what I'll do, although I am a little
tentative about mailing any mailing list after the thousands of subscribe
failure notices I was sent (when I didn't subscribe).

I'm no goody two shoes but I doubt a tech minded enemy is doing this to me,
it doesn't make any sense.

Oh well I'm going to bite the bullet and try to unsubscribe. I do have
options (mail block etc) but I thought you guys would want to know about
things like this, and frankly I was curious why it happened so I could stop
it happening again.

I realise that this is not the fault of python.org or mailman, but somehow
my signing up to a list with python.org instigated a bizarre mixup or attack
via sardy5@graffiti.net

My thanks to all those who have looked into this.

Simon Troup